![]() |
| Baby S and E, a lifetime ago |
On our actual anniversary, we played it very low key. E surprised me with Roses, Orchids and groceries (!) when I woke up and we spent the morning lounging in bed. It was so sweet, and so thoughtful, even though E is usually awesome about that stuff anyway. We had hoped to get tickets to see The Book of Mormon, which is supposed to be hilarious, but weren't able to find some for a decent price on such short notice. Instead, we decided on a blast from the past and headed down PCH to a little restaurant we spent New Years Eve at years and years ago. It's a little hole in the wall, Italian place right across from the water that makes a mean truffle ravioli. PCH is probably my favorite road to drive and we got to wind up and down the coast enjoying the ocean and each other's company.
All in all, I'd say it was a relaxing couple of days and I'm so happy to celebrate another year together with E. Although I'm hoping this is the last anniversary we spend just the two of us for a long time, I couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else. We've been dealing with a LOT lately in our quest to build our family, with bad news followed by more bad news, and I couldn't do it if I didn't have E to lean on.
Happy 3rd/12th Anniversary my love. No matter how we make our family happen, and how we tackle the shit news we seem to keep getting, the important thing is that we do it together. You're my everything and I love you like crazy.

No comments:
Post a Comment