Yesterday E and I celebrated our second year of marriage, on the same day that Gays and Lesbians took their fight for equal rights to the supreme court. I have to say it felt bittersweet to celebrate our happy, nationally recognized union while so many of those dear to me don't have the right to marry the people they love.
E and I were hoping to celebrate with some lovely, much needed massages, but as it turned out there was no availability at the massage center. Instead, we went to a delicious Italian dinner and got some amazing gelato, not a bad replacement if I do say so myself. We had a lovely time, fairly low key, and it felt just perfect.
Two/eleven years in and E and I are so ready to take our family to new places. We're itching to expand, to buy some property, add a new fur baby, add a tiny human etc. I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my life being married to E, as all couples should have the right to do, and I hope that this next year will bring with it big changes for equality and for our little family.

No comments:
Post a Comment