Saturday, December 8, 2012

New Knobs! Finally!

You may recall, that back in May of this year, Milou and Tintin took it upon themselves to update my nightstand by eating my drawer knobs. I had planned on getting some lovely new ones from Anthropologie, but life intervened and it was months before I had the chance to actually do something about the crunched on hunks of wood. Plus, those beautiful (but pointy!) Anthropologie knobs were a bit pricey, and since my Milou is still pretty young, something a little more affordable/replaceable was definitely in order.

Nom nom nom
E and I have been working on sprucing up our space a little since we've stayed so much longer than anticipated; replacing our lamps, adding storage, organizing things, trying to make the space a little more functional. We'd already added some wall shelving and organizational bins from Ikea back in July, so the next step was new lamps for our bedside tables to make them feel a little less desk-like.

I was hunting for the perfect lamp/shade combo at Cost Plus when I happened to stumble across some gorgeous and affordable drawer knobs! I was wandering around the store after picking a lamp for E, trying to waste some time since I wanted to bid on an ebay item and didn't want to do it while driving, when Bam! there they were.

Ta Da!
Cute, affordable, comfortable to pull on, they were perfect. Anthropologie actually carries a few of the same ones, but Cost Plus offers them for $2.50 - $4.50 per knob instead of $20. They were super easy to install and I absolutely love how they turned out. I still need to oil the dresser, or eventually stain or paint it, but switching the knobs was such a quick fix to update it on a tiny budget.  And, my mom ended up buying them for me, so they made an excellent Hanukkah present on the first night of Hanukkah.

No comments:

Post a Comment