Monday, March 12, 2012

Laid Off

Well, it looks like it's finally happening. After hanging it over my head since December, my boss decided to give me my two-ish weeks notice last Friday. It wasn't personal, she loves my work, there just isn't anything left for me to do. I will admit that even though I was expecting it, it sucked worse than I thought it would.

Somehow, I was hoping to stay employed through the summer. E's work is largely seasonal, since it follows the sports calendar, and as of right now he has no work after the end of April. It's going to be a real challenge with both of us unemployed at the same time, and makes me especially grateful that we didn't move out. 

In addition to looking for new work, I'm probably going to be applying to some graduate programs. I'm leaning towards an online MPH program since it would allow me to work and be a stepping stone to an MD/DO or DPH. Does anyone have any insight as to which program would be best? Go for a masters? Go straight for a doctorate?

I'm probably most upset by the way this completely derails our "life plan" which was contingent on me maintaining a consistent source of income. It feels like I'm letting our relationship down.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment