 |
| Don't look at me mama |
So, the dreaded event has finally occurred. As of this morning, her 7 month birthday, Milou is officially in heat. I'd had my suspicions for a long time and have been
molesting checking her daily for the telltale swollen vulva for weeks but she still managed to catch me a little off guard. Apparently my girl isn't the swellin' kind nor is she the type to welcome male affection. Still, it's not quite as horrible as I'd been envisioning and I think we'll all survive. I'm considering placing an order for some doggy diapers online and will be picking up a pack of little boys briefs to try as well. If they work, they'll be a lot cheaper than the washable doggy diapers.
5 bucks 15 bucks
So, I'm optimistic! We're like yeah, we can totally handle this heat thing! I'm not sure how obedience class will go on Saturday but hey, we got this! There will be no babies of any kind, our sheets will remain clean and we will absolutely ROCK this as pet parents.
 |
| You mean I'm not dying?? |
It is only day one though so I might change my mind if her heat becomes unbearable. She's a little clingy now which is totally workable since I love to snuggle with her anyway. I can't believe she's in season already, we were hoping to get to a year before her first heat so we'd only have to go through one before spaying her. Now, depending on her body clock, we may have to make it through two seasons to get to the 18 month mark we were hoping to reach. If push comes to shove we could have it done at a year but I'd really like her to finish growing as much as possible before messing with her girly bits.
 |
| Can I snuggles in your bed? |
No comments:
Post a Comment