Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Holy Paychecks Batman, More Work!

(Source)
After just two short weeks in my current position, my boss has offered me a full time job. It was really unexpected but upon further consideration I think it's a fabulous opportunity for me and for E and I together. The salary will allow us to save more so we might be able to work towards a decent down payment. It has fantastic health, vision and dental. There is some travel involved. They pay for lunch everyday. It'll look fabulous on a grad school resume. While I was nervous at first, I'm getting more and more excited about it. The only thing left is to make a decision about what to do with classes while working which is tough because it's so tied up in other factors:

Option A: 
- Full time job
- Part time school (no tuition)
- Loans roll over
- I keep parental insurance
- Possible pro-rated salary due to insurance not needed

Option B: 
- Full time job
- No school
- Loans go into repayment
- I take job insurance

Once I get the job squared away, we need to deal with the temptation of moving. Although I'd obviously love to, we shouldn't jump the gun and move out. Our current location means I am approximately 5 minutes away from work and we'd never be able to afford to live that close on our own. No rent means more savings. A house vs apartment means Milou has a backyard with a dog door. Plus, when my mom adopted Tintin we promised her that we'd be there for awhile so he and Milou could play together and run out their puppy energy. Without us being here with our puppy, she would not have adopted such a young dog. I also essentially run the house which is going to be difficult to do with a job or a job+school. I don't relish sharing the responsibilities since I'm a control freak I love doing them but I'm going to have to. I'm also fairly sure my mother and sister might off each off if left to live alone.

Ideas? Thoughts? What would you do? I'm hoping the salary will make the decision for me but I don't know if it will for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment