It is with only a teensy bit of shame that I admit I stayed up to watch the royal wedding late last night/early this morning. I wasn't here to watch Charles and Diana get married and we don't have a surplus of royals to marry off so I deemed the occasion momentous enough to warrant staying up. Plus, with so much going wrong around the world, it's kind of nice to see something as sweet as a wedding go right.
 |
Probably the most posed part of the wedding, I couldn't find a good photo of them giggling while
William tried to shove the wedding band onto Kate's finger. E did the same thing, it must be a guy thing. |
The first thing that struck me was how amazing Westminster Abbey looked in HD. The TV coverage wasn't quite able to do the abby justice, but it did look incredible and I was really struck by how incredible it must be to get married in such a timeless and beautiful place. Everywhere you look there's a piece of history staring back and I can only imagine from my own experience visiting what it must feel like for Kate to become part of that history.
 |
| How awesome is that tree lined aisle? |
Since the pre-ceremony was so long, I had lots of time to study the decorations in the Abbey. Unlike Charles and Diana's wedding where everything was so traditional and rigid, William and Kate's was modern and natural. I especially loved the trees lining the center aisle and can really appreciate how hard Kate worked to make the wedding theirs in the face of so much tradition to live up to. The ceremony was modern and relevant, the music beautiful, Kate's dress was gorgeous (and most importantly HER, no 10 foot train there!) and you could really feel the love and support from all of their close friends sitting in the front rows.
I think they did a wonderful job and I wish them the best in their marriage. Unlike so many high profile marriages, I think they're well matched, truly in love, and ready to become husband and wife.
 |
William and Kate left the wedding in a Blue converible Aston Martin DB6 that runs on
E85 made from left over English wine. Now that is BAD ASS. |
And they know how to make an exit in style!
No comments:
Post a Comment