Do It Yourself: Soap Shower Favors
Company: Shea Butter Soap Base, Cello Bags Michaels
Coupon: 40% off coupon - check your local paper, it's one per item per person so bring friends!
Cost: $6.00 - Soap, $1.99 - Bags
Company: Essential Oils, My House or Amazon or Michaels
Coupon: None or 40% off coupon
Cost: Free if you have it or $2.25 plus shipping from Amazon or Michaels carries some
Coupon: None or 40% off coupon
Cost: Free if you have it or $2.25 plus shipping from Amazon or Michaels carries some
Soap Base
Essential Oils, Orange & Lavender
Molds, you can use any shape you want
Instructions:
Step 1:
Using the guidelines in the soap base, cut the amount of soap you need for your molds. In this case, one cube makes one tower so we cut 3 cubs for three towers. Put these cubes in a microwave safe bowl, preferably with a spout for easy pouring.
Three cubes in a pyrex measuring cup
Step 2:
Heat your cubes in the microwave until completely liquid, about 40 seconds. If any lumps remain, continue heating for 10 second intervals into all the soap is liquid.
Soap in the microwave
Step 3:
Add your essential oils for scent and mix it in so it's evenly distributed. The amount you add depends on how strong you want your scent to be, for mine I used 7 drops of sweet orange and 7 drops of lavender for 3 soaps. If you're using a stronger oil you might use less or vice versa.
I used a knife to mix so I could scrap the sides
Step 4:
Quickly pour the soap into the molds, filling each shape completely and evenly. You have a short window to make sure each mold is full because once the soap begins to set, you can't add any more without losing your smooth back.
Soap being poured into the molds
Step 5:
Now you patiently wait about 20-30 minutes for your soap molds to set. While you're waiting, you can design some cute little tags in photoshop. I printed mine out on old pink index cards so they were entirely free. After printing them, I cut them out and used a hole punch to punch a little hole at the top.
Favor tags, about 5 minutes to complete lol
Step 6:
Now that your soap is set, it's time to remove it from the molds. The easiest way to do this is to turn the tray upside down and apply pressure to each soap, one at a time. I found it worked best when I pressed downwards starting with the top of the tower.
The soaps are ready! Soap pressed out
Step 7:
As you can see from the photos, each tower comes out with a little tail that needs to be come off. You can remove it with any straight surface, your finger nail, a knife, a credit card, whatever you have handy. I used the mixing knife.
The completed soaps!
Step 8:


No comments:
Post a Comment