Monday, December 9, 2013

Lab Results!

On Saturday we returned to the Kaiser lab for our multitude of tests. E submitted another semen sample and gave another 3 vials of blood, and I had the extreme pleasure of giving 11 vials of blood. The experience could have been horrible, but I got a wonderful tech who found the vein on the first try, even though she couldn't feel it. I'm so grateful for techs like her :)

Now that a couple days have gone by, the early results are starting to trickle in.  My TSH has come down to just below 2.5, which is still high for me but not as bad as we thought it was. It also turns out that I have the exact opposite blood type that I was told I have by Kaiser. In high school I donated blood at Kaiser for my grandmother's surgery, and a few days later was given a little card with my name and blood type on it. For over 10 years I've been living my life and telling doctors that I'm B- when, according to the newest test, I am actually A+. Mind blown. I'm not sure how a mistake could have been made at the blood bank, since I'm assuming my most recent test is accurate, but it will be nice to not need the RhoGam shot if/when we do get pregnant. I'm still waiting on the results of the other lab tests but they'll probably take a few weeks.

In even bigger news, we got E's 4th SA back and the results were totally startling! So far we've had a 0.65 million, a 0, another 0, and this last one showed 10 million! There was still no sign of any motility so we still don't know if we can obtain anything usable but the numbers were so shocking that E didn't believe them. Our doctor has suggested that its a one time fluke and we shouldn't get our hopes up but I've got my fingers crossed. We've been supplementing the crap out of his sperm with FertilAid for Men, Count Boost and Motile Boost and it would be great to know that they're actually working. His next SA, number 5, is on the 23rd and my tests are on the 26th so we're keeping our fingers crossed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment