It's my first trip to Meridian/Boise, and I have to say I've been pretty impressed with what I've seen so far. Instead of crowded city streets where every house and business is competing for a postage stamp sized piece of land, things here seem to sprawl out with open space in between and gorgeous mountain ranges in the backdrop. What it lacks in "unique cityness" - old homes and buildings, hundreds of boutiquey shops, museums, science centers and democrats, it seems to make up in nature - golden fields, livestock, hiking, skiing, boating, ATVing, exploring, space to breathe. It's a different kind of city than I'm used to, but not bad different and I can see why city dwellers choose to relocate here.
This afternoon, we drove down to Eagle Island State Park so El could take some senior photos for her baby sitter. The park itself seems to be packed with potential - a water slide for the summer, horse trails, a frisbee golf course (though I've been advised it's not a good one - too much water) and plenty of trees and walking trails. I didn't see too much of it on foot since Will was my buddy for the afternoon, and he preferred a gravel induced bouncy jaunt around the horse trailer area, but what I saw was just lovely. When it hit magic hour, the sun lit up the trees like glowing fiery orbs and the sky looked too blue to be real. There were people riding horses, taking photos, walking with their dogs running off leash ahead of them, and others I'm sure enjoying more of the park that I didn't pass by.
Even though Will was feeling a little cranky, it was a beautiful, chilly afternoon and I'm sure that El got some beautiful photos with such an extraordinary landscape (and her baby sitter's adorable horse!) in the background.


No comments:
Post a Comment