Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

The other night E came into the bedroom and said something like "Man I hope next year is better, this year has been rough". He was referring, of course, to the stress of my job and my impending lay off. It's sort of put a damper on the end of our year and overshadowed everything else that's happened.

I quickly reminded him of all the good things that have happened this year:

- We got married!
- We got Milou!
- We saved money!
- We didn't get pregnant! This means we're 3 months away from winning my family's bet!
- Our friends had beautiful babies!
- We got, and paid off, a new laptop!

Admittedly, things have been pretty stressful from July - December. We had to put down our beloved family dog Pippin. We got two puppies, one of whom is a handful. I started a full time job which cut down on the amount of time I had to manage the house and E had to take over a lot of domestic things. Haji B's has been ill, we've gotten chubby, my laptop died, E's car is on it's way out, I'm now getting laid off etc etc. It's been both a wonderful and difficult year and we need to remind ourselves to focus on the good stuff.

This new year I'd like to...
- Figure out the job thing
- Figure out the school thing
- Loose weight, again...sigh...maybe I'll keep it off for once
- Save up lots of money
- Train the dog
- Be healthy and happy

No comments:

Post a Comment